Ann Frank born 12 June 1929.
Had she lived would be 88 years old today.
May her memory be a blessing.
Seventeen people – 11 women and six men – were killed and over 100 wounded in a suicide bombing on Egged bus 14A outside the Klal building on Jaffa Road in the center of Jerusalem.
At around 17:30, the bomber, dressed as an ultra-Orthodox Jew, boarded Egged bus No. 14A at the Mahane Yehuda market, and a short while later, as the bus drove down Jaffa Road near the Davidka Square, detonated his bomb, wrecking the bus and killing 16 of its passengers.
Over 100 people were wounded, including dozens of passersby.
Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.
Jerusalem Police Commander Mickey Levy said that the terrorist had been carrying a huge bomb containing a great deal of metal fragments, causing massive injuries to the passengers.
– Sgt. Tamar Ben-Eliahu, 20, of Moshav Paran
– Alan Beer, 46, of Jerusalem
– Eugenia Berman, 50, of Jerusalem
– Elsa Cohen, 70, of Jerusalem
– Zvi Cohen, 39, of Jerusalem
– Roi Eliraz, 22, of Mevaseret Zion
– Alexander Kazaris, 77, of Jerusalem
– Miriam Levy, 74, of Jerusalem
– Yaffa Mualem, 65, of Jerusalem
– Yaniv Obayed, 22, of Herzliya
– Bat-El Ohana, 21, of Kiryat Ata
– Anna Orgal, 55, of Jerusalem
– Zippora Pesahovitch, 54, of Zur Hadassah
– Bianca Shichrur, 62, of Jerusalem
– Malka Sultan, 67, of Jerusalem
– Bertin Tita, 75, of Jerusalem
– Haile Abraha Hawki, 56, a foreign worker from Eritrea, was positively identified on June 25.
May their memory be a blessing.