Adina Zehavi , a mother of 9, died rescuing her children from a house fire in Kochav Ya’akov in Judea and Samaria. Zehavi managed to get all her children out but succumbed to smoke inhalation.

The fire, caused by a charging electric bike battery, broke out around 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Her husband Aryeh praised her bravery, saying she “My beloved wife acted like a lioness. She rescued our children one after the other from the flames and the smoke. Adina was a friend to all and she did tremendous acts of kindness. I’m in shock and can’t find words to express the loss and the great person I merited to live beside all these years.” The fire injured her husband and seven children, among others.

Firefighters from nearby communities controlled the blaze, and the injured are being treated at Hadassah Medical Center.

Adina, known for her kindness and dedication, immigrated from the U.S. 20 years ago from Oceanside, NY, her husband was from Fair Lawn, NJ. They made Aliyah to Israel built a family and community life in Kochav Ya’akov.

A Gofundme has been established for the family, if you’d like to help, you can go to:

Comments (0)